Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Thank You

Now that it's nearing the end of the year and I finally have a free second to think, I wanted to take this oppertunity to clear out my blog and start fresh. Now im not sure how much I'll keep up with this (sound familiar KC fans? haha) But I wanted to dedicate this first one to all the people who have helped me through this rediculously difficult time in my life. As most of you know, tragedy struck my family in May when my cousin Sheri and her 2 boy Garett and Gavin were murdered. 8 months later it still doesnt make sense to me. And I don't think it ever will which is the hardest part to deal with. But I try to put on a smile and go on with my life. For them. But it's still REALLY hard. I didn't get to see Sheri, Garett and Gavin as often as I would have liked, and knowing that the person I loved and trusted to take care of them betrayed me is something I don't think I'll ever get over. He didn't just kill 3 people that day, he killed a little part of all of us. And every single day it's a struggle. It's a constant rollercoaster of emotions. Sadness, anger, betrayal, disgust. But you all have stuck by me and never gave up on me. I speak for my entire family when I say how much all of your constant love and support has meant to us. Unfortunately sometimes it takes a tragedy to realize how truely blessed you are. My family, my friends, My roomates, my sorority sisters, my EIU dancers, my Kelly friends, and even complete strangers. I'm so thankful to have each and every one of you in my life. And I have all of you to thank for that. Amist all the pain this has brought, it give me such comfort to know they are all together. She couldn't be without them and they couldn't be without her.

I will continue to miss my cousins every single day. And I know things will get tough once the trial starts but I have the best support system there is. So in case I haven't said it enough, THANK YOU. From the bottom of my heart. I love you guys!

Also please take a second and visit www.sheriannherboys.com and if you can, please donate! There is an amazing memorial that we are trying to get made and every little bit will help! Thank you!

No comments: